Job Description - Vice President
The four Vice-Presidents positions for Bow Valley Rugby Club are voluntary board positions that report directly to the executive. Each VP will be responsible for running one of the following four sections: Bow Valley Cubs (Minis), Bow Valley Bears (Youths), Bow Valley Grizzlies (Adults) and Bow Valley Women. The VP position has no tenure but volunteers should expect to complete at least one year in post. The position will require the VP to work some evenings and weekends, which will include attending BVRC board meetings.
Desired Skills and Personal Traits
The successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Ability to work as part of a team and always act in the club bests interests
- Strong ethics and a desire and commitment to see the club succeed
- Good communication and networking skills
- Ability to manage and motivate people
- Effective time management
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure a qualified First Aider is in attendance at each rugby practice/match
- Coordinate the audit of equipment specific to their group each month and an overall audit of the clubs equipment once every four months. Provide a report of these audits to the executive.
- Advise the executive on Coach and player recruitment requirements for their group
- Implement and manage an effective communications strategy for fixtures/practices/functions/fundraising.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteer participation in fundraising and promotional requirements of BVRC.
- Coordinate the handing out of uniforms at the beginning of the season and its collection at the end of the season
- Coordinate the collection of Volunteer and Uniform deposits from parents/players.
- Assist the President in seeking out new companies/individuals for Club sponsorship.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of BVRC are followed.