Job Description - President
The President of the Bow Valley Rugby Club is a voluntary position that will filled by nomination from the Board. It has no tenure but volunteers should expect to complete at least one year in post. The position has overall say on matters affecting the Club. He/she must ensure that all Board roles are designated and that all the posts’ responsibilities are being executed in a timely and fair manner. He/she will also ensure that relevant and up to date paperwork is being posted/filed in all areas. He/she will also represent the club at meetings and events.
Due to the nature of this position, the ideal candidate is expected to be someone with strong ethics and a desire to see the Club succeed, always acting with the Club’s best interests in mind. He/she will also be assertive and pro-active and will be aware that the post can require work in the evenings and weekends.
Duties and responsibilities
- Representing the Club at Calgary Rugby Union meetings.
- Representing the Club at the Alberta Junior Rugby Meetings.
- Representing the Club at Sports4Life Meetings.
- Liaising with Town of Cochrane for ……
- Insuring that all liabilities and Club insurance is up to date.
- Approaching companies/individuals for Club sponsorship, in conjunction with the Vice President.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are current and correct.
- Ensuring all coaches undergo annual police checks.
- Co-ordinating facility hire for all programs running.
- Standardising and maintaining all coaching standards with Head Coach.
- Liaison with local schools in relation to marketing the club and organisation of school rugby programs.
- Implementing and develop the Clubs programs in conjunction with other Board Members.
Skills and knowledge
- A knowledge of the game of rugby is expected
- Good communication and networking skills would be an asset.
- Good presentation skills would be an advantage.