Job Description - Director of Resources
The Director of Resources of the Bow Valley Rugby Club is a voluntary position that will filled by nomination from the Board. It has no tenure but volunteers should expect to complete at least two years in post. The position is responsible for ensuring adequate resources are available for the whole Clubs use.
Due to the nature of this position, the ideal candidate is expected to be someone with a background in negotiations and/or buying. He/she will be aware that the post can require work in the evenings and weekends.
Duties and responsibilities
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products in consultation with the Club Registrar.
- Keep a check on stock levels and maintain an inventory of current items.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value and quality.
- Liaise with suppliers, Board members, coaches and Club members with regards to orders.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service.
- Ensuring the Club coaches have adequate equipment for training and games.
- Initiating the sponsorship process for jerseys, gathering logos, liaising with suppliers on products, obtaining samples, etc.
- Liaising with suppliers to set up a shop up to twice a year.
- Ensuring adequate storage for items ordered.
- Attend Board meetings and contribute to decisions.
Skills and knowledge
You will need to have:
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Some commercial awareness.
- The ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- A flair for negotiation and networking.