Job Description - Treasurer
The Treasurer of the Bow Valley Rugby Club is a voluntary position that will filled by nomination from the Board. It has no tenure but volunteers should expect to complete at least one year in post, preferably two. The position is responsible for all the financial aspects of the Rugby Club.
Due to the nature of this position, the ideal candidate is expected to be someone with a financial background or experience of being a Treasurer. He/she will be aware that the post can require a little work in the evenings and weekends.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining financial records/spreadsheets of the Clubs accounts.
- Managing the Clubs two bank accounts (general and Casino).
- Checking/collecting the post from the PO Box at the Post Office on a fortnightly basis which will include mainly bank statements/invoices.
- Paying in cheques/cash at the Bank in a timely manner, keeping full details of deposits.
- Paying invoices and making reimbursements to members relating to the Clubs expenditure in a timely manner.
- Chasing outstanding payments to the Club.
- Agreeing expenditure from accounts with either President/Vice-President, ensuring there is enough cash to cover such expenditure.
- Preparing and reporting on the budgets on a monthly basis for the monthly Board meetings.
- Preparing and tendering of Society yearly returns.
- Preparing and tendering of Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission forms and accounts (every 3 years or so).
- Preparing and disseminating receipts for registration/insurance payments made to the Club (this includes Sports4Life, Rugby Academy and yearly rugby subscriptions).
Skills and knowledge
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets would be an advantage.
- A financial background would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills would be an advantage.
- Good presentation skills would be an advantage.