Job Description - Secretary
The Secretary of the Bow Valley Rugby Club is a voluntary position that will filled by nomination from the Board. It has no tenure but volunteers should expect to complete at least one year in post.
He/she will be aware that the post can require work in the evenings and weekends.
Duties and responsibilities
- Handling Emails and telephone calls directed to the Club.
- Liaising with Town of Cochrane……
- Ensuring telephone directories and similar are updated yearly.
- Organsing the collection of the registration forms, recording the relevant information and submitting insurance paperwork to Calgary Rugby Union in a timely manner.
- Keeping Club files and ensuring they are up to date and in order.
- Taking minutes at all Club meetings and disseminating in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all Coach Police Checks are kept on file and sending out yearly reminders for renewals.
Skills and knowledge
- Good communication would be an asset.
- Previous experience as a Secretary would be an asset.
- Ability to type would be an advantage.